Trinity College London is recruiting Centre Representatives for Registered Exam Hubs in Durban and Cape Town
Trinity College London is an international awarding body with a longstanding history of offering its highly respected graded exams in Music, Rock & Pop and Drama in South Africa.
A Registered Exam Hub (REH) is an open centre that hosts Trinity exams for students drawn from schools or private teachers in the local area that do not host their own Trinity exams. Two REHs Representatives who run REHs in Durban and Cape Town are retiring and we are looking for successors to continue their work.
The REH Representative promotes Trinity exams, recruits and enrols candidates, hosts exams in suitable venues, manages the exam day and sends out certificates. They play a vital role in Trinity’s exam process, providing human contact for teachers, students and parents, and their local knowledge is invaluable.
The role in more detail
As the Representative of a Registered Exam Hub, you would provide the following services:
- Conducting promotional activity in your area for Trinity exams and acting as the first point of contact for local teachers for queries, publicity materials, syllabuses and entry forms.
- Finding and booking suitable venues for face-to-face exams and setting dates for your sessions which dovetail, where possible, with those of nearby centres.
- Collecting entry forms and payment.
- Booking the session and enrolling candidates on the Trinity IT systems.
- Paying the entry fees to Trinity.
- Organising exam session timetables via our IT system and sending out appointment information to applicants.
- Arranging the steward(s) for the session and working with the examiner(s) on the day to ensure the general smooth running of the exam session. Please note that exam sessions may be in-person or digital and we will expect you to promote our Digital Grades and Diplomas to the same level as our face-to-face exams.
- After the exams, distributing all the reports, results and certificates. For digital exams you will be required to distribute certificates only, however they will be dispatched year-round, as candidates can enter for Digital Grades & Diplomas at any point in the year.
- Work with Trinity to resolve any issues or complaints from applicants or candidates, providing a high quality of customer service at all times.
You will be paid for these services on a commission basis calculated as a fixed percentage of the exam fees. We will also pay a fixed percentage for expenses in relation to holding face-to-face exams.
A centre representative may also be asked by Trinity to undertake the administration for local schools that wish to host private exam sessions for their own students on their premises and, again, this is paid for on a commission basis.
For more information about our venue requirements for centres, please visit our website here.
All REH Representatives must:
- Have excellent organisation and administrative skills.
- Be fully IT literate with the ability to learn new systems and processes (with support and training provided).
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with teachers, examiners, parents and candidates using a range of communication tools (such as email, phone, social media etc).
- Strong knowledge of the education sector
- Have or obtain public liability insurance
- Ideally have experience of running events
- Be self-motivated, results driven and able to work collaboratively
If you feel you have the relevant subject expertise, enthusiasm and connections for setting up and running a Registered Exam Hub to host Trinity exams in either Durban or Cape Town, then we would be very pleased to hear from you.
Applications for the Registered Exam Hub role are dealt with by:
Group Director, Global Hubs
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV together with a covering letter by 9 December 2021. We look forward to hearing from you.