*** CLOSING DATE brought forward to 12 November 2021 ***
The Trinity Bursary scheme for Talented Young Musicians and Actors from Disadvantaged Backgrounds will be offered again in 2022.
- This Trinity bursary scheme is aimed at talented young classical or rock & pop musicians and actors from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Disadvantaged backgrounds include, among others, poverty, unemployment, disability, being looked after by foster carers or living in residential children’s homes.
- The bursary will provide subsidised entry fees comprising 50% discount on Trinity examination fees only.
- Candidates must be under 25 years of age at the time of application.
- Bursaries are available for Grade 4 examinations and above.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have already demonstrated proficiency and commitment during grades 1-3 (with any recognised examination board).
- Candidates should be proposed by teachers and/or schools with personal knowledge of the child’s potential and family/home circumstances.
- Applications should preferably be submitted directly online (see below) or through your Local Trinity Representative (available in most major centres in South Africa, and Windhoek and Gaborone).
- The number of bursaries is limited and will be allocated strictly according to merit and need for financial assistance with examination fees.
- Previous bursary candidates are eligible to apply in subsequent years but there should be no expectation that the bursary will be repeated.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Trinity National Exam Coordinator, with oversight by Trinity College London, and successful candidates will be allocated 50% discount vouchers.
- The bursary is intended to help students from disadvantaged backgrounds to achieve their Trinity grades and further their training.
- Ultimately, this should enable more students from disadvantaged backgrounds to use Trinity exams as part of their matriculation and/or achieve university entrance.
- Applications must be submitted no later than 12 November 2021 for bursaries that will be available for examination sessions during 2022.
- No late applications will be considered.
We prefer not to accept applications by email or post; you should submit your application online. For you convenience, a copy of the bursary requirements and an MS Word version of the application form is available here: Bursary conditions and Draft Application for you to prepare your answers prior to uploading them using the online application form which is available here.
Following your application, you may be contacted by the Trinity Exam Coordinator for additional information.
The decision of Trinity adjudicators is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Trinity reserves the right to grant no bursaries in the event that it considers all candidates to be unsuitable.