The new Strings Syllabus is now available!
What’s new about the syllabus
- Refreshed repertoire lists cover a wide range of genres and styles and include more pieces by female composers.
- Duets may now be chosen from Initial to Grade 3 for all bowed strings.
- New violin exam repertoire books are available for Initial to Grade 8, all accompanying audio is now available as a separate CD or as paid downloads from iTunes, Amazon Music, Spotify and Google Play.
- Increased flexibility of repertoire choice with the removal of song groups at initial grade to Grade 5.
- The option for violin players to perform one item from the traditional Scottish fiddle syllabus.
- For Harp; new orchestral extracts option at grades 6-8 and new specimen sight reading tests.
- The new syllabus is valid from 1 January 2020 with a year overlap meaning the current one will remain valid until 31 December 2020. Please ensure the syllabus being used is indicated on the candidate’s appointment slip.
- All technical work (except the Harp orchestral extracts) remains the same and supporting publications will continue to be valid.
Where to find out more
- For more information about Trinity’s Strings exams, go to trinitycollege.com/strings.
- To check out our new digital support resources, providing support on repertoire and technique, head to resources.trinitycollege.com/strings.